Christmas Quiz Answers!
Well done on completing my quiz! I wonder how you will fare? Answers are below!
Which actor plays Ebenezer Scrooge in The Muppet Christmas Carol?
How's your impressions? It's Michael Caine! Only supposed to etc etc the doors off!
2. Christmas Island is in which sea or ocean:
A) South China Sea, B) Arctic Sea or C) Indian Ocean?
Indian Ocean! Christmas Island is a territory of Australia, but the country it is closest to is Indonesia.
3. On the 11th day of Christmas, what is the gift the singer receives?
Great Scot, it's 11 pipers piping!
4. Which country first started the practise of putting up Christmas trees?
Germany, seemingly popularised by Prince Albert and Queen Victoria.
5. 26 years after its release, Mariah Carey’s ‘All I Want for Christmas is you’ became a UK number one single in what year?
6. What item is traditionally hidden in a Christmas Pudding?
A coin (sixpence, historically)
7. Which of Santa’s reindeer shares its name with the Roman god of love?
Cupid! Cupid the reindeer was keen to emphasise they are better behaved than their godly namesake.
8. What is “Merry Christmas” is Spanish?
All together now... Feliz Navidad! Feliz Navidad, Feliz Navidad, Prospero Ano y Felicidad..... I WANNA WISH YOU A MERRY CHRISTMAS
9. In which panto does the character of Buttons feature?
A) Thumbelina B) Aladdin C) Sleeping Beauty D) Cinderella
Cinderella! Oh no it isn't... Oh yes it is!!
10. A Ukrainian tradition is to put ornaments of what on their Christmas trees?
Spiders and Spiderwebs. Either one is fine! Comes from a folk tale about how tinsel is made, and is meant to signify good luck.
How did you do?
I hope you have enjoyed, a Merry Christmas to you all.